AirHORN — Single and Dual-Band Channel / RF Signal Generator
AirHORN is a unique, PC-based product that aids in testing WiFi antennas, RF shields and wireless networks. It is an RF (radio frequency) signal generator that covers the 2.4x and 5.x GHz ISM bands and was designed for microwave and RF applications. AirHORN transmits stable and accurate RF signals for each of the WiFi(802.11) channels and is ideal for research and development of antenna design. A signal generation system is a key to any test system – AirHORN can be used for rapid evaluation of receiver performances. Combined with an RF spectrum analyzer, you now have the tools to locate "dead spots" in any locale where a WiFi network is installed.
AirHORN Key Features
- World’s smallest 2.4x and 5.x GHz signal generator
- Easy to use, PC-based, Windows application – includes wireless device plus software
- 3 transmission modes – single channel, traverse all channels, and pulse
- USB wireless device interfaces with most all desktop and laptop Windows PCs
- When used with laptop provides mobile transmission source
- Low-cost – costs a fraction of proprietary hardware signal generators
- Runs on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
AirHORN May Be Used For
- Real-world testing of WiFi antennas and amplifiers
- Testing the effectiveness of RF shield designs
- Stress-testing 802.11 (WiFi) wireless networks
- Aligning directional WiFi antennas
- Rapid evaluation of receiver performance
- Locating WiFi 'dead spots'
When AirHORN is used with one of our low-cost spectrum or channel analyzers, these tools combine to give unprecedented views into the wireless world.
AirHORN runs on the Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating systems (32- and 64-bit).
AirHORN Dual-Band is a unique, PC-based product that aids in testing WiFi antennas, RF shields and wireless networks. It is an RF (radio frequency) signal generator that covers the 2.4x and 5.x GHz ISM bands and was designed for microwave and RF applications.
Single-Band Model: $295 USD + S/H
Dual-Band Model: $349 USD + S/H
Check-out our special “bundle” offers…
- Laptop or desktop PC running Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP3), Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) operating system
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 (or later)
- An available USB 2.0 port for interfacing with the wireless device
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 1.2 GHz or faster
- Memory: 2048 MB or greater
- Hard Drive: 1000 MB free space or greater
- Video: 32 MB video RAM
- Display resolution: 1280×1024 or greater
- Internet connection for software downloads and/or initial product activation codes