Windows 7 — Reinstall Device Driver for AirHORN | WifiEagle | WifiCopper
If Windows is using the wrong driver then it will be necessary to uninstall it before we can direct it to use the correct driver. Using Device Manager, if you attach/detach the wireless device you might see an entry appear/disappear — if so, then this is the device for which we’ll need to re-install the correct device driver software.
(1) Attach the wireless device
(2) From Device Manager, right-click on the driver, select ‘Uninstall’ and be sure to check the box ‘Delete the driver software for the device’.
(3) *** IMPORTANT *** Reboot the machine — and while it is rebooting detach the device.
(4) After the machine has rebooted, repeat steps 1-3 once or twice again. The problem here is that Windows 7 may keep finding the old driver. We have to repeat the uninstall until a point is reached when you attach the wireless device Windows allows you to navigate to a new location from which to install the correct driver.
(5) Navigate to the folder that contains the drivers that were installed by the setup program.
(a) On Windows 7 64-bit systems these can be found in the application folder under \Program Files (x86)\NutsAboutNets\(AirHORN | WifiEagle | WifiCopper)\Drivers\. For the dual-band device, navigate further to Sparklan\Windows7_64BIT or, for the single-band device, to Zydas\Windows7_64BIT.
(b) On Windows 7 32-bit systems these can be found in the application folder under \Program Files\NutsAboutNets\(AirHORN | WifiEagle | WifiCopper)\Drivers\. For the dual-band device, navigate further to Sparklan\Windows_Vista or, for the single-band device, to Zydas\Windows_Vista.
NOTE: Alternatively, rather than uninstalling / re-installing the driver, you can try to “update” the driver, using the drivers that were installed by the setup program. Be aware that updating doesn’t always work — Windows may interrupt the update procedure with a message saying it is already using the most recent driver. In this case it will be necessary to follow the uninstall / re-install procedure above.