Pro Audio White Space Finder / RF Spectrum Analyzer
Precise, wideband RF spectrum scanning, visualization and channel coordination of the RF environment…
Introducing the latest development in RF spectrum monitoring — Pro Audio White Space Finder / RF Spectrum Analyzer [Model PAWS4400]. PAWS4400 is the next generation of PC-based, RF spectrum analyzer for the pro audio and video industries that offers automatic charting of open white space, frequency coordination and channel assignment.
In a hostile RF environment why leave your wireless planning to chance ?!Take the guess work out of configuring your wireless audio gear — Pro Audio White Space Finder / RF Spectrum Analyzer (PAWS4400) enables you to choose the optimal channel assignments — free from RF interference and intermodulation distortion (IMD). PAWS4400 offers detailed RF spectrum scans using easy to view, graphical displays, along with interference-free channel assignments. Real-time RF spectrum analysis combined with our intermodulation distortion (IMD) module delivers optimal channel assignments for even the most demanding RF environments.
Product Data Sheet:
Employing the new Signal Hound 4.4 GHz, broadband RF spectrum analyzer as our hardware platform — we’ve developed PAWS4400 as the next generation of PC-based, RF spectrum analyzer specifically designed for the professional audio and video industries. PAWS4400 is built upon the success of our award-winning White Space Finder RF spectrum analyzer which was the industry’s first, PC-based, RF spectrum analyzer to offer automatic charting of open white space (open RF frequencies) for use with wireless microphones, in-ear monitors, remote control, security, access control, etc.
Full Spectrum and Region-Of-Interest Trace ViewsThe Region-Of-Interest (ROI) view is used to get a closer look at a specific frequency range — analogous to a "zoom" function. It’s perfect for general RF visualization where comparative analysis or the ability to have two sweeps active at the same time is desired.
PAWS4400 Was Designed With These Goals In Mind:• Automatic charting of open white spaces (RF frequencies) in a real-time RF environment.
• Graphical UI that is easy to use; lays-out the relevant data in a clear, concise way.
• The UI is tablet-PC friendly.
• Fast data acquisition, display, and channel assignments.
• Sets up the RF spectrum analyzer with proper default settings for span, RBW, VBW, image suppression, scaling, and sensitivity with minimal user input. This allows users with little to no experience with spectrum analyzers to get right to work.
• User-definable threshold for open white space.
• Sensitive and accurate measurements.
Waterfall HistoryThis feature, also called a Heatmap graph, provides a color-based visualization of the RF level and activity over time. As signal levels for specific frequencies or frequency ranges increase and decrease, the waterfall map varies its colors. This feature provides a quick glance back into the sweep history to identify aberrations or fluctuation in frequency levels.
Monitored FrequenciesThis feature allows you to monitor any 20 frequencies within the the frequency range supported by the RF spectrum analyzer. Furthermore, you can specify an ‘Alert Threshold’ — such that if the signal strength falls below this threshold then the corresponding bar for that frequency turns red (otherwise it appears green). This feature is used to provide priority status monitoring of important transmitters — such as lead vocalists, wireless guitars, etc.
White Space FinderThis feature is used for locating open frequency space in crowded RF environments or used to assist in properly spacing transmitters for frequency coordination. Using parameters that were set in the Control Panel a user specifies a signal strength to be used as the ‘White Space Threshold’, the minimum open space required for each transmitter (bandwidth), and the minimum spacing between adjacent transmitters (band-guard). The open spaces are then graphically displayed. It’s perfect for locating open frequency space in crowded RF environments, or to help insure proper spacing for frequency coordination. The Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) module can also be applied to obtain optimal channel assignments for your wireless audio gear.
Utilizing the existing hardware design offered by the Signal Hound spectrum analyzer we have engineered software that is geared toward sound reinforcement users. The software and documentation included with Pro Audio White Space Finder / RF Spectrum Analyzer allow even a novice user to get up to speed in no time and start making informed decisions about frequency coordination. Though many of its features are well suited for wireless professional audio production and AV integration, the PAWS4400 is a sensitive and accurate, broadband 4.4 GHz RF spectrum analyzer that is an excellent tool for general commercial and industrial RF work (e.g. in the 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz ISM bands).
Compared to earlier versions of the product — IW1800 and IW3500 — the PAWS4400 product is much improved, yet it sells for the same price. The lion’s share of the improvement is the hardware. The Signal Hound RF spectrum analyzer used with PAWS4400 is much superior to the WinRADio scanner used with the earlier product. Here are a few of the advantages:
1. PAWS4400 supports frequencies up to 4.4 GHz, whereas IW1800 was limited to 1.8 GHz.
2. The Signal Hound spectrum analyzer used with PAWS4400 can scan more than 100x faster than a WinRADio scanner. This means more data points can be collected per trace, which also translates to greater accuracy. This is a huge advantage.
3. The Signal Hound spectrum analyzer connects to a PC (laptop or desktop) via USB cable — which is used not only for communication with software running on the PC, but also for power. The WinRADio scanner required either an external power pack or an AC adapter plugged into a wall outlet.
4. Though PAWS4400 is well suited for wireless professional audio production and AV integration, it is also the perfect tool for general commercial and industrial RF work (e.g. 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz ISM bands). It supports frequency ranges 500 KHz through 4.4 GHz.
Pro Audio White Space Finder / RF Spectrum Analyzer (PAWS4400) is a very unique tool. There is no other product on the market that combines real-time RF spectrum analysis with automatic charting of open white space and optimal channel assignments. PAWS4400 systems are packaged in a pre-configured, high-impact Pelican case which includes a Signal Hound spectrum analyzer, a 2.4 GHz rubber rod antenna, a 470-700 MHz broadband UHF antenna, USB-to-PC cable, PC software and documentation. Affordably priced at $1495 USD (plus S/H) it’s a “game changer” — no more guess work when it comes to configuring your wireless gear.