- Site Survey View — displays each AP’s beacon signal strength and channel, emphasizing how Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4x GHz ISM band overlap with one another.
- Occupied Channel View — displays each AP’s channel and relative beacon signal strength, emphasizing how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels.
- Channel Occupancy View — displays how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels. Typically you’ll see most APs on channels 1, 6, 11 and few (if any) on the other channels.
- AP Timecourses View — displays each AP’s beacon signal strength as a function of time. This view is most useful when monitoring a particular AP and you are moving around to different locations.
- List of wireless routers — lists all the wireless APs in your current Wi-Fi environment, along with their SSID, BSSID (MAC address), channel, frequency, security configuration and beacon signal strength (RSSI).
- Capture, save and email screenshots of the different diagnostic views.
- During installation of a wireless network, as an aid in verifying WiFi coverage and maximizing beacon signal strength.
- Reporting the presence of Wi-Fi networks and local access points and the signal strengths of their beacons.
- Conducting wireless site surveys where the installer is interested in learning about the coverage of a new or existing access point, roaming capability, presence of RF interference or “dead spots”, and optimum location of access points, their antennas and client stations.
- In a secure business environment, for use in detecting the presence of rogue access points.
- As a learning tool to help understand the relationship between access points (BSSIDs), wireless networks (SSIDs), and client stations (STAs).
WIFIEXPLORER — 802.11 Network Discovery / WiFi Scanner For The Android Platform
WifiExplorer is an 802.11 network discovery tool — also known as a Wi-Fi scanner. It was designed for mobile platforms — in particular, Android phones and tablets. Using your device’s built-in 802.11 radio, it collects information about nearby wireless access points and displays the data in useful ways. The diagnostic views are helpful when installing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks.
WifiExplorer uses 5 diagnostic views that collectively provide an overview of your current Wi-Fi environment. In ‘normal’ mode all APs are displayed, while in ‘Monitor Mode’ only the APs of interest are displayed.
WifiExplorer is a feature-rich, easy to use Wi-Fi diagnostic tool you are bound to love. The colorful charts help make troubleshooting a breeze. Enjoy it for FREE on Android platforms….
Applications for WifiExplorer: